Saffron Crocus

When Should I Harvest My Saffron (Crocus)?

Brinca added on October 9, 2011 | Answered

After a year and a half, I have saffron crocus blooms! :D Is there a right or wrong time to pull the threads? Also, I seem to have some 'friends' who are as excited as I am. Maybe slugs. If you have advice on that, that would much appreciated as well. Thank you for your time.

The harvest period is usually anywhere from late September to late December and is best performed early in the morning. Blossoms are at their maximum for about 15 to 20 days. The harvested stigmas should be placed in a dark, warm and dry room for five to seven days in order to dry.

If slugs are a problem, this article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/facts-about-slugs-and-how-to-kill-garden-slugs.htm

00
Here are more questions about Saffron Crocus