Jasmine Plants

When Can I Prune?

LFox2 added on January 24, 2017 | Answered

I live in Southern California, inland from the ocean about 15 miles. I need to heavily prune my Night Blooming Jasmine as well as my bower vines. I will be pruning the tops about 1 1/2 feet and width about 4 inches. Daytime temps are currently in the low to mid 60s, evenings in mid 50s. When can I prune these?

Night blooming jasmine can be pruned in spring or in fall, and it's best to only remove 1/3 of the plant's total size at a time. Bower vine can be pruned in spring, and it can be pruned hard, though you should leave at least about a foot of the vine instead of pruning to the ground. Prune both after the last frost date in your area, which may be sometime in February depending where exactly you are in Southern California.

00
Here are more questions about Jasmine Plants