Lawn Problems

What’s Wrong With My Lawn?

deb added on April 16, 2011 | Answered

My front lawn is completely none existent - think dirt lot. Every spring we have a gentleman that sprays the entire yard for weeds (works great on the back yard). Could this be the cause of our troubles or do we have some kind of lawn disease?

There are several things that could be causing this. My initial thoughts would be that you have severely compacted soil, or the type of grass you had planted in the front is susceptible to the weed killer that you are having sprayed.

Diseases and pests normally show themselves in patches and spots that spread to take over a lawn. They normally do not strike a lawn all at once.

Examine your soil and see if it seems compacted and if it is, aerate the lawn. Also do some research into what you would like to reseed the lawn with. You may find that a different variety does much better there.

00
Here are more questions about Lawn Problems