Cucumber Plants
Q.

what variety of cucumber is this?

Zone Baltimore | sales added on August 6, 2019 | Answered

I think I got the wrong seeds when ordering muncher pickling cukes. These are fuzzy blobs with no spikes. Does anyone know what variety they are and how to tell when they can be harvested?

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

That is certainly not what you purchased. Cucumbers can cross with a number of other species in its genus, so my guess is that they had an accidental outcrossing when cultivating their pure breed.

That is bad news for them, since who knows how many thousands of seeds are ruined. I would recommend contacting them with this information and these photos.

As for saying what that is... As mentioned, cukes can cross with many things, so this would be a total guessing game. Whatever it turns out to be will be edible, more than likely. Just pick them at different intervals to determine ripeness. Let one get very mature and compare it to the rest throughout time.

This article will help you to grow cucumbers once you get this ordeal sorted out: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/cucumber/tips-for-growing-cucumbers.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Cucumber Plants
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More