Meyer Lemon Trees

What Type of Grow Light Would I Use for a Meyer Lemon Tree?

tkskanse added on December 4, 2010 | Answered

I want to give my lemon tree some extra light when I can't take it outside and I don't know what type of light I need.

If you are just looking to overwinter a plant, a standard florescent bulb placed 6-12 inches from the plant will suffice. It does not provide a complete light spectrum, but it is enough for a plant for a few months over winter.

If you are looking for a light to help plants over an extended period of time, you will need to get a full spectrum, "grow" light. It will provide the red and blue spectrum that plants need in the long term. It looks just like a florescent light, but will be marked as a plant light and will cost a good deal more than your standard florescent bulb. As with the florescent bulb, it needs to be close to the plant to be effective.

00
Here are more questions about Meyer Lemon Trees