Ligustrum Shrubs

What to Do With Ligustrum Bushes in Transplant Shock?

rebeccawise added on March 10, 2012 | Answered

I have ligustrum bushes that were transplanted in by backyard this September. Since then they look really sick! They have lost most of there leaves. However, the wood is still green when you break a limb off. How can I help them or should I replace them?

At this point in time, it is likely not transplant shock. That normally occurs within a few weeks of transplanting.

It may be underwatering. This winter has been odd in many parts of the world. Newly planted shrubs need plenty of water the first year to establish themselves. If it was a dry winter where you are or if it was a warm winter with average rainfall, the shrubs may not be getting the water they need to help establish themselves. I would recommend increasing water to the plants and water them regularly until you see the leaves start to regrow.

00
Here are more questions about Ligustrum Shrubs