What to Do With a Forced Hyacinth Bulb in Water Vase After Bloom Is Done

kathy3158 added on March 5, 2018 | Answered

I purchased a hyacinth bulb in a glass vase with water on January 27 at my grocery store. It grew a beautiful flower. I've recently cut the flower bloom off since it was faded and browned. All I have now is the green leaves along with two daughter shoots. It's still growing very well in the same vase with water. This plant was forced into blooming as if it was spring time. The roots are still intact and healthy. I'd like to keep this plant for a long time growing in it's own pot with possible soil. Please advise me on how to do this.

You can easily plant these in soil. Start with moist soil, and place the bulbs in until they are about 3 to 5 inches from the top. Cover with more moist soil to the top. This article will give you more information for their care from here: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/hyacinth/care-for-hyacinth-houseplants.htm

Here are more questions about Hyacinth