Creeping Junipers

What Should I Do About My Juniper Shrubs?

I have several Sea Green juniper shrubs that I use as ground cover to stabilize a steep hill. They've been there since 1999. They have now turned a pale yellow, looking like they are possibly dying (almost like they got winter burn). There are still some green limbs - maybe about half of the four shrubs have been affected. Do I need to cut them down and replant or is there something else I should try?

JeffreyGardener

It could be a nematode infestation or a nutrient deficiency in the soil, but, without seeing the shrubs and their placement in relationship to each other, it's hard to tell what the cause may be. If the shrubs are valuable to you, you may want to get a complete soil test done. You can contact your local cooperative extension for information on where you can get this done.

00
Here are more questions about Creeping Junipers