Eucalyptus Tree

What Kind of Potting Soil Should I Buy to Pot My Eucalyptus Plant?

mailady added on May 19, 2012 | Answered

Also, what type of pot should I plant it in? I do not wish to kill it. I live in Louisiana in the northern part. I have to have it as a houseplant because of our temperature.

Regular potting soil is fine with the addition of compost. Your container needs to be large enough to accommodate the tree roots and should provide adequate drainage as well. Here is more info on choosing containers for trees: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/growing-trees-in-containers.htm

00

You don't mention how long you've had this plant. Eucalyptus are generally outdoor plants - if you want to keep it indoors, it will need major light. Perhaps you can keep it outdoors, and bring it in just for the winter. But if you've already had it for at least a couple of years and its ok, keep doing what you're doing.

00
Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree