Succulent Plants

What Kind of Soil Do I Need for Planting New Succulents in the Ground?

Donna Gold added on January 28, 2014 | Answered

What kind of soil do I need for planting new succulents in the ground? Our natural soil is rather clayey, rocky.

It does depend on the kind of succulents you want to grow, but in general, they do not like clay soil as much. I would recommend that you try to amend your soil to at least loamy. This artisle will help with that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/how-to-improve-clay-soil.htm

If you have plants that prefer sandy soil, you may want to consider using containers buried in the ground. Sand and clay do not mix well (they combine to make concrete - eek!) and it is very difficult to amend clay soil to a sandy mix. Containers in the ground would allow you to have sandy soil for the succulents that need it and still keep the rest of your soil healthy for your other plants.

00
Here are more questions about Succulent Plants