Knockout Rose Bushes

What Happened to My Knockout Rose Bush

ABarron79 added on July 20, 2015 | Answered

I have a double pink knockout rose bush. I put it in at the beginning of this summer, as we just moved into our new place this last December. I have had knockouts before and love them and know what a hardy plant they are. We had a ton of flooding about a month ago. Our yard, flower beds and garden were completely underwater. But it didn't kill it. Actually, it bloomed all over and was beautiful. I was sooo happy. Then about 3 days ago, 3/4 of the flowers shriveled up and died and all the leaves have holes. One quarter is still normal and has beautiful flowers like it's a different plant. What do I do?

From the photograph it is clear that your rose has been attacked by any of a number of types of caterpillar. Spray with an insecticide eg malathion and the plant should recover.

Here are more questions about Knockout Rose Bushes