English Ivy Plants

What Are These “Growths” On the Stems of My English Ivy?

clairem2393 added on June 15, 2015 | Answered

I've been growing my English ivy plant indoors for a year now. Lately these small growths (I don't know how else to describe them - they're light green and hard to the touch - please refer to the pictures) have begun popping up on the stems. Most have died but there are a few clusters that appear to be growing and I'm worried because I've never seen anything like this!! They don't look good, but they also don't seem to be hurting the plant, as there are plenty of new leaves sprouting as well. I apologize if this is a silly question - I'm just really worried as I haven't found any other pictures like this online, and would love some advice on what to do! Thank you in advance for your help.

These are perfectly normal on your English Ivy. This is how the plant attaches itself to the ground or structure it is growing on.
Your Ivy looks wonderfully healthy.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/groundcover/english-ivy/english-ivy-plant-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about English Ivy Plants