Weeping Cherry Trees

Weeping Cherry Question

I purchased a weeping cherry in spring. About a month ago the leaves turned brown and fell off. I figured that the tree had died. But about a week ago it started growing flowers and new leaves. Is this a problem, and if it is, what should I do? It will be winter soon.

It is possible the tree lost its leaves because of lack of water at the roots .I t came back into growth when the the roots received water.It will go into dormancy againwhen the temp drops and the tree shuts down for the winter.It will have its new leaves next year from dormant buds

Hopefully the tree will stop sprouting. Keep it watered until cold weather arrives. Even if it doesn't stop sprouting, it will have enough stored water to give it a head start next spring. Most trees can stand an entire leaf drop on an occasion.

Here are more questions about Weeping Cherry Trees