Monkey Grass

Weed Control for Monkey Grass

I have weeds (mainly crabgrass) growing in my monkey grass along my sidewalk. Is there a herbicide that I can spray that will kill the weeds but not damage the Monkey Grass? Pulling the weeds out by hand is a killer on the back.

There are several products on the market that claim to kill grass, not plants, but from experience, I can tell you don't get carried away with the stuff. The good news is that the only thing tougher than your weeds is your monkey grass. Each of those individual clumps is a seperate plant, so while you may damage one, the others will survive. You can't mass spray them, but it does give you a little leeway when you get up close to squirt. You can use an all purpose vegetation killer. I cut the bottom off a small coffee can and set it over the weed to block the weed killer from hitting the plants I want to save.

00
Here are more questions about Monkey Grass