Monkey Grass

Weed and Plant Elimination

Large flower bed (with large fountain in center) previously planted with decorative liriope. Didn't respond well in location. Have removed/killed as much as possible by hand. Weeds and sprouts of liriope are returning. If I use a weed killer that will also kill the liriope, how should I prepare the soil to plant with fresh monkey grass (or any other? I plan to prep soil, add new soil and mulch. Will the poison I use affect the new plants?

If you use a broad spectrum weed killer, like Round-up, it will kill everything that you spray it on. Most weed killers will dissipate after a certain period and that period will be noted on the packaging. After that period has passed, it will be safe to plant other plants in that area. If you are looking for a non-chemical way to remove the weeds, boiling water will also kill any plant it touches and you can plant new as soon as the ground has cooled.

00
Here are more questions about Monkey Grass