Watering Plants

Watering Garden While Out of Town

I'm leaving town and have no one to water my garden. Is there something I can purchase, perhaps a watering system that is both affordable and could be on a timer to water my garden while I am out of town for five days?

PagosaPlanter

I have rigged up timers with garden hoses and soaker sprinklers to provide spot-watering of plants I have recently planted, and they work great! You can find battery-operated timers at any hardware store that you can program for the frequency and duration of watering that you desire. I program and test my watering while I am home to ensure everything works properly (i.e. enough water, not too much, etc.) before I leave town and then don't worry about it again. I have been able to be gone for a month at a time and leave new plants without any losses. With cooler weather approaching, it is important to plan ahead to be sure that you will not be caught by surprise with an early or unexpected freeze.

00
Here are more questions about Watering Plants