Hibiscus Plants
Q.

Vintage Hardy Hibiscus

I planted a vintage hardy hibiscus last year. I bought it in Franklin, PA. at their apple festival. This word below the picture of the hibiscus was on the tag: 'BORDEAUX'. No info was on the tag as for annual or perennial or take it inside for winter, etc. I planted it in a big planter I built in my backyard out of big block. It is up three cinder blocks high. We had the worst winter for a while; I am in Pittsburgh, PA. Please tell me it's going to live. I broke off the long stems and they were very dry and broke quick. Is there any hope it will survive? I don't know if I should cut with a saw down lower to see if it's dry at the base, and I didn't know if there were hardy varieties for my area or not.

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

This article will help you determine if it is dead:
    https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

If the stems are alive, it will recover.

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Hibiscus Plants
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More