Squash Plants

Used the Wrong Type of Diatomaceous Earth

KimB added on July 12, 2017 | Answered

Hi, I used the wrong type of Diatomaceous Earth on my vegetable garden. I used it only on the leaves of squash, beans, and jalapeno pepper plants. The actual vegetables had not begun to grow yet. Are the vegetables safe to eat? We also have had some very hard rains and the powder is no longer evident in the garden. Is it still there or has it washed away? I can't find any info about what to do if you used pool grade DE, only not to use it. Thanks!

heather

The vegetables will be safe to eat. Food grade DE is used in gardens just because it may get on vegetables, which would them lead to you consuming it. If the vegetables are not growing yet, there is no risk of you later ingesting the DE when you eat the vegetables.

10
Here are more questions about Squash Plants