Tulips

Tulip Bulb Soaking

Anonymous added on January 7, 2014 | Answered

I purchased a vase with 6 blooming tulips. The bulbs are still on the plant and roots are growing from them. The instructions with the plant said to fill with water to cover 1/2 of the bulb and to keep the water level there. I would like to plant these in the spring, but I am afraid that keeping the bulbs constantly in water will cause them to rot. Is it safe to keep water on the bulbs at all times?

Actually, the vase should have a short, narrow neck and wide mouth to allow the flower bulbs to sit with only their roots (rather than the bulbs) in the water. However, as long as it's only the lower portion of the flower bulbs that are in the water, they should be ok. In spring, once the ground is workable, you may plant them in the garden. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/bgen/how-to-plant-a-flower-bulb-in-your-garden-after-winter-forcing.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tulips