Yucca Plants

Trimming a Yucca

I have had my yucca for almost seven years, and in the past, have trimmed the dead stalk leaves in the spring without issue. This year, however, all of the leaves look terrible.  They are crusty and dead. If it weren't for a few small patches of green leaves here and there, I would think the entire plant was dead. Can I cut the whole plant down to the ground without permanent damage? Will the leaves grow back as if I trimmed them individually?

Yes, the plant will normally come back, and in some cases are even quite difficult to get rid of due to this. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/yucca-plants-care-and-pruning-tips-for-pruning-a-yucca.htm

Here are more questions about Yucca Plants