Pussy Willow Trees

Trees and Weeping Pussy Willow

I have two cherry trees (sweet) that have been planted for maybe 12 years, and they are not producing much fruit. We are in the process of thinning out surrounding trees to allow them more sunlight. Do I have to prune them back because I have not done that at all? My next question is, how do I prune a weeping pussy willow? My kids bought it for me but I am not sure how to care of it properly. Do I have to plant it where there is an excess of moisture in the soil?

Yes, you should be pruning the cherry trees. This will help them produce more fruit. Pussy willow likes moist soil and is especially fond of soil that has been amended with compost. It also likes full sun but tolerates partial shade. As for the pussy willow pruning, this article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/pussy-willow/how-prune-pussy-willows.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pussy Willow Trees