1) Is there such a thing as a Long Leafed Yew?
2) Do you have any suggestions where I could purchase large, very healthy camellia shrubs. Hopefully at least 6 feet in height.
3) Some time ago I had a shrub in my yard. It was evergreen, looked and grew much like a camellia and had I small, ivory colored flower with a very strong smell of vanilla. Any idea what this might be called?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
1) Yes, it is also called a broad leaved yew.
2) For a shrub that large, check for your closest local plant nursery. They will either carry them or will know where you can buy one in locally.
3) I am uncertain what this plant was, but I strongly suspect that it was actually a camellia. I would contact the Camellia Society (http://www.camellias-acs.com/) to ask for a variety that fits that description.