Croton Plants

Transplants

Michelle N Lorenz added on May 3, 2018 | Answered

I accidentally left my croton outside during a night that fell below freezing & all the leaves fell off. I know it's a resilient plant so I continued caring for it until leaves regrew. However, now all the leaves are at the very top of the stems & I'm wondering if transplanting each stem into separate pots would be an option. If so, how? (Do I need to separate the roots & use the roots to plant again or could I cut the stems up to just below the leaves & plant by the stems?)

This will be more trouble that it is worth, as well as being a risky move to the health of the plant. This is especially true if you do not have quite a bit of experience dividing plants that are a little more on the sensitive end. I would just continue to let it grow into its own shape, and trim out any fully dead branches.

This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/croton/care-croton-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Croton Plants