Hydrangea Plants

Transplanting Hydrangea Plant

sandra.sunshine added on May 14, 2018 | Answered

I received a hydrangea potted plant recently It is about 8" tall without the flowers. It has two distinct stems which have new green growth about 4" above the older growth that had a flower each. Now that the flowers are done and cut off can I transplant the plant outside to grow in my garden permanently ?

Keep the plant tag; you need to know what type of hydrangea you have in order to learn how to prune it. In zone 6a where I live, hydrangea leaves are just starting to unfurl. So if you are north of me, wait until your frost-free date to set it out. Don't forget to slowly acclimate it to outdoor conditions and choose a spot with afternoon shade. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/propagation/seeds/how-to-harden-off-your-seedlings.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants