Cosmos Flowers

Transplanting Cosmos Flowers

I planted some cosmos from seeds in a clay pot. The pot is 4 inches high and the plant is 11 inches from the top of the dirt. When should I move it to another container? Also, the stalk has about 2-3 inches with no leaves. Do I put the soil up to where the leaves are growing or do I leave it that way? There are about 8-10 plants in the same container. Do I need to separate each one?

Once the plant has 1-2 sets of "true" leaves, they can be moved. The soil in their new pot should be at the same level on the stem as the old pot. Separating them will help prevent root cramping, but if their eventual home is all in the same container, you do not need to separate them. If they will be planted out in open soil, separating them will help them develop stronger root systems.

00
Here are more questions about Cosmos Flowers