Ash Trees

Transplanting a Tree, No Roots

jamesdbll added on July 18, 2015 | Answered

I attempted to transplant of a young Green Ash (I think, I posted a pic) that's seen very little care. In the process, all of the roots snapped; they were very brittle. The tree itself looks quite healthy. Anyway, what's left is the 8 foot tree with nothing but its bulb and a few fibrous roots. I planted it deep in mulch and stabilized it. I've been running water to it for a few hours a day. Is there any chance it will survive? Is there anything anyone might recommend to increase its chances?

We did not receive the image, but new tree care is pretty consistent no matter the variety.
It is a tough time of year with warm temperatures for success, but I would give it a go.
The lack of root ball is an issue, but sometimes trees can survive even this issue.
Water daily for at least 2 weeks, even longer in this instance.
You will just need to wait and see on this one. Best of luck.
Here is a link about new tree planting care.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/watering-newly-planted-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ash Trees