Kousa Dogwood

Transplanting a Dogwood

I planted 5 dogwoods about 12 years ago and now I see they are too close. I want to move one to the front of the house on the front lawn. However, we have a huge oak in the center of the lawn and a maple near the curb that has just about wrecked our lawn with its woody roots on the surface. I have two questions: 1) can I successfully transplant this kousa? (It has three separate trunks, each about 2 inches diameter, and it is about 14-16 feet high. 2) do I have to root prune it 6 months before transplanting because then I would have to wait till next year?

Yes, it is possible to move a Dogwood tree, and you are correct in that you will need to prune the roots.

Here is a link to an article that will give the correct process to ready the tree to be moved.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/dogwood/dogwood-tree-transplanting.htm

00
Here are more questions about Kousa Dogwood