Forget Me Nots

Transferring Potted Forget-Me-Not to Garden

lromportl added on October 17, 2016 | Answered

I have a small forget-me-not in an indoor pot that bloomed for the first time. Will it likely survive being planted outdoors in Minnesota? When and how would be best way? Thank you in advance for your response.

Forget-me-nots are winter hardy down to zones 3 or 4, depending on the variety, so they can survive outdoors in the ground in Minnesota, although in some regions they may need to be protected by placing mulch over the soil. They can be transplanted either in fall or spring. Choose a cool, preferably overcast day to transplant, and follow this advice for preventing transplanting problems:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Forget Me Nots