Tomato Plants

Tomatoes After Garlic

Do tomato plants need to be rotated each year or can they be grown in the same spot as last season? Also, can I plant tomatoes in the same soil/space I just pulled out (to move) partially grown garlic?

With crop rotation, you typically do not plant the same family of plants two years in a row. Ideally, you should rotate crops every three years. Tomatoes should not be replanted in the same spot unless the soil has been refreshed (amended with compost). As for garlic, it should be acceptable to follow with one or the other. I also agree that both garlic and tomatoes should do fine together.

Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/vgen/rotating-vegetables.htm

00
layner

I have heard that it is best to rotate the location of plants each year. How much the plants benefit from this, I'm not sure.

Tomatoes and garlic are good companion plants. It seems that the tomatoes should be fine...

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants