Tomato Plants

Tomatoes

JOHN M STYLER added on October 29, 2017 | Answered

I live in a community that does not allow vegetation in the common areas, like my garden. Last year I had a planter of tomatoes and a rodent bit into one tomato so I pitched it into my garden. This year I noticed a tomato plant in the common area, I nurtured it and it yielded more tomatoes than the previous year in a planter. Big healthy red beauties. Was it just beginners luck?

This is quite common. I have had many crops to do this, from tomatoes to watermelons. In some areas, tomatoes can become quite invasive. I would recommend, either composting the old fruit, or putting it into an area that you would be ok with more coming up the next year. If you aren't careful you could end up producing food all over your yard!

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants