Tomato Plants

Tomato Plants

Ruffian added on June 25, 2016 | Answered

I live in Austin, Texas and am behind on my tomato and pepper planting this season, yet I was wondering if I plant some of each in individual pots, could I get a late fall crop? We get plenty of sun here until October, so was curious if it would be a possibility to raise a small crop for the fall time?

kh0001

It's a little late to start tomato plants from seed, but if you purchase plants that are already at least about one foot high, you should have no problem growing them and still getting a plentiful harvest. They will stop producing (and the fruit will stop ripening) once the temperature dips below about 65 degrees F. This article may help you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/tips-for-growing-tomatoes.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants