Tomato Plants

Tomato Plant Trimming

noah6724 added on June 30, 2016 | Answered

My tomato plants are, I fear, way too big and overgrown, and are suffocating my other plants from the sun. Can I trim them without harming them? Also, I heard marigolds affect them, but I forgot how except that the effect was positive, so I did so. How does it affect them?

Here is a link that will help you.
Marigolds can help deter pests in the garden! I plant them at the edges of all my raised beds, and they look pretty too!

You can prune them if you wish...or not :-). If you think your other plants aren't getting enough sun, go ahead & take the tomato plants down a bit. This article will give you some tips on how to prune tomatoes the right way:

and this article describes "sucker" stems. You can thin your plants out by pinching these off too.

Here are more questions about Tomato Plants