Tomatillo Plants

Tomatillos Grow Husk but No Fruit Yet

trin added on August 11, 2012 | Answered

Though from California, I live in the south of Spain and as they have no tomatillos here, I brought back seeds from Ca. I've planted them in very large pots and they've grown beautifully with many blossoms. They are starting to grow full size husks, which are closed. but I can't feel any fruit. Does the fruit come eventually or does this mean it will not grow the fruit? Please help, I need my tomatillos. :-)

You may be having a pollination problem. Therefore, you need to hand pollinate. Tomatoes and tomatilloes are pollinated in the same way, so this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/pollinate-tomatoes.htm

Just take a small paintbrush and swirl it in the flower of one plant and then go to a flower on another plant and do that again.

00
Mamajens mini farm

The lanterns on my tomatillos were empty for weeks and weeks but now I have millions (roughly) of full, beautiful tomatillos popping out of their husks. Patience I think and you will have plenty. I do have loads of bees helping the pollination along but the lanterns are empty for at least six weeks at any rate.

00
Here are more questions about Tomatillo Plants