Tomatillo Plants

Tomatillos

I have two tomatillo plants in my garden bed, both are full of flowers and both have set a few fruits at the same time. Last year they each set fruit at different times. Is it normal for them to set at the same time? My other concern is that one has a purple strip throughout the stem and the other doesn't. Is it possible the nursery could have sold me a purple tomatillo and a verde? If so, would the two cross pollinate?

Answered on November 30, -0001

It's fine for them to set fruit around the same time. As for cross pollinating, this is only a problem if you plan on growing the seeds from this year's crop the next year. Cross pollination does not affect the fruit on this year's plants and is, therefore, not something you need to worry about if you only plan on eating the tomatillos.

00
Here are more questions about Tomatillo Plants