Red Pepper Plants

When to Plant Red Peppers

I live in northwest Florida. What is the best time to start planting red peppers in the garden? Also, how should I prep my soil, keeping in mind that it is weak in lime in this area of FL. ? More importantly, when should I purchase seeds and who from, as there is no seed locally?

In your area, you can plant peppers out in either February to April or July to August.

This article will help with prepping the soil:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/vgen/vegetable-garden-soil.htm

In regards to your lime issue, I would recommend having your soil tested at the extension service. You will want to know how much adjustment you need before adjusting as you could overdo it and cause further issues.

As far as purchasing... There are several reputable online sellers you can buy from. Pepper seeds normally are viable for 2 years, so you can purchase them at any time and then store them in a cool, dry place until you need them. Many people store seeds in their crisper drawer.

00
Here are more questions about Red Pepper Plants