Madagascar Palm

Madagascar Leaf Becomes Black

taknamecom added on November 29, 2016 | Answered

I have about 8 year Madagascar Palm. Why is my Madagascar leaf becoming black? I did not change the location of the plant and wait until about 1 cm of the soil is dry and then I water. I live in Madagascar.

Madagascar palm, or Pachypodium lamerei, is quite sensitive to overwatering since it is a succulent. Underwatering can also cause brown leaf tips, but this is unlikely to be the problem, since you are clearly giving it enough water. You may need to reduce watering even more, making sure the top 6 cm or so are dry before watering.

Other possibilities for brown leaf tips include excessive salt or fertilizer in the soil, among other problems discussed here:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/what-causes-brown-edges-on-leaves-of-plant.htm

10
Here are more questions about Madagascar Palm