Peach Trees

Starting Peach Trees for the Stone

In the article that I read, the author said to buy a tree that was about one year old. My friend has a couple of peach trees in his backyard that produce great peaches. What I would like to do is use some of the stones to start my own trees. So my question is, what is the best way to start them from just the stone?

doccat5

You might have better luck with cuttings from your friend's tree. You can grow a tree from the stone, but there is no guarantee you're going to get the same tree. Most peach trees are a combination of 2 types that have been grafted together. You can certainly give it a try. Just plant the seed in a good quality planting soil and treat it as a houseplant until it starts to grow.
Actually it sounds like a great gardening experiment and should be fun to give it a try.

doccat5

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees