Spider Plants

Spider Plant

Diana Cancel added on July 31, 2017 | Answered

I bought the spider plant less than two weeks ago. It was in perfect condition, then about five days later, I arrived home in the afternoon and found it was turning brown. The soil was dry so I watered it, but it continued to brown, so I moved it closer to the window, as it was in a shady area of the living room. None of this seems to be helping. I've searched the internet, but have only found information about brown tips or yellowing, nothing like what is happening to my plant.

Liz Baessler

There's a chance that the minerals in your water are causing the problem. You could try switching to bottled water and watching for improvement. The plant might also be root bound - is the pot very small, or are there roots sticking out of the drainage holes? It might benefit from being repotted. You can read more about spider plant problems here:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/spider-plant/treating-diseases-of-spider-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Spider Plants