Sooty Mold in the lawn
When we visited Nashville (Smyrna) this week, we noticed the sooty mold in the grass where we were staying. There were several stages of the grass where you could see its developement. It was also in the adjacent yards. Chem Lawn just shrugged there shoulders and said to the owner that it is common. Do you agree? Is there a fungicide for lawns to cure it? What are the options? The dog tracks it in and shoes get dirty. Is it a health risk?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
It is not uncommon. Sooty mold is a fungus and can be treated with suitable fungicides. It does not pose any harm to you or your pets. This article will help: