Tomato Plants

Solid Light Goes to Solid Shade

JabJones added on July 28, 2012 | Answered

I have an L-shaped garage. The rectangle it contains gets plenty of sunlight from about 8 am - 12:30 pm. After that, solid shade moves in. Could I plant a veggie garden in that rectangle? I was thinking the reflected heat from the garage walls in the mornings might improve the situation. I'd like to plant climbing beans and peas against the walls. Are tomatoes possible?

Most vegetables need 6 or more hours of sun (with morning sun being best) to grow. In less than this, the plants may not be as large, though they may still produce for you. There are, however, some veggies better suited for these conditions. This article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/vgen/shade-vegetables.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants