theweavens added on May 23, 2015 | Answered

We have had a beautiful display of snowdrops in our front garden, but now it looks really untidy, as the foliage seems to be taking forever to die back. Can we pull some of this foliage off the plants without damaging the bulbs, or I suspect not, cut it off. Can we split them now or is it too late? We are wanting to tidy the garden, as after a few years of looking really nice, it now doesn't! If you are able to respond quickly, I would be very grateful indeed, before my husband does something I might regret. Thanks

Given that the foliage is still green, now would be an ideal time to separate the bulbs. More information on how to do that can be found in the following article:

I would advise you to wait until the foliage dies back naturally before clipping it back. This allows the bulb to re-absorb the nutrients in the foliage and use the energy for next year’s blooms. Without these nutrients, bulbs make a poor showing the following year and over time they die out.

Here are more questions about Snowdrops