China Doll Plants

Size of Plant

I received my China Doll plant as a gift about five years ago, and we have, for the most part, followed the tips on your website (which I just found today, lol). One thing, however, we didn't know about - we have repotted the plant into a bigger pot twice. For the most part, the plant is fairly healthy, although it does lose a lot of leaves. My concern, however, is that the plant is enormous. It's over six feet tall, and so slender that it is collapsing under its own weight. Should we be pruning it? If so, please give specific instructions - this is the first plant I've ever had to really care for, and frankly I'm clueless.

Pruning can be done at any time. A healthy stem can be cut back to any point on that stem. The new growth will emerge just below the point of the pruning cut, so prune back to the place where you want new growth to come in.

Here are more questions about China Doll Plants