Simplicity Roses

My Simplicity roses have failed to 'bush out' as the ads imply. I'm continuously pruning back to keep them from growing gangly. How do I get them to grow wider and not so tall? Am I missing something in my soil? Do I need to supplement with a specific nutrient? I use compost and mulch, basically, organic methods.

You may want to try giving them kelp meal. Also pruning them back constantly does not allow them to bush out as they tend to make new branch canes off of the longer canes. I have heard some others have the same problem though with theirs. One local friend found that giving them some Epsom Salts (1/2 cup per bush) seemed to help them produce more canes and become fuller. She gave them Epsom salts when I told her I gave it to all of my roses at least once per season.

00