Yucca Plants

Should One Fertilize a Yucca

sitruc98 added on April 26, 2014 | Answered

Should one fertilize a yucca? If so, with what? I live in northeast Tennessee and I have two 10+ years Yucca plants about twenty feet apart. One is very green the other lots of yellow leaves. That last one is at the base of a septic drain field.

Yuccas aren't particularly interested in fertilizer - any balanced formulation that you're using in the area will work, a couple of times a year. I suspect that the one is yellowing because the soil is too damp (septic drain field.) I would recommend moving it if you want to save it. This article has general information on growing yuccas outside: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/yucca-plants-care-and-pruning-tips-for-pruning-a-yucca.htm

00
Here are more questions about Yucca Plants