Oxalis Plant

Shamrock Plant Question

Wikkan added on May 5, 2015 | Answered

My shamrock plant leaves are turning purplish-brown just on the underside but the plant continues to grow well and even is producing new flowers on a limited basis. Is it ok? Am I doing something wrong? I water thoroughly about once per week, in a pot that allows it to drain. It doesn't get natural light, but sits under a small bright lamp five days per week and office lighting on the weekends. It appears to be thriving in every other way. I want to head off any problems at the pass! Thank you! I've included an image but it is really hard to see with the light in my office. I apologize and hope it helps somewhat.

No worries - it is the nature of the plant to have purple tones on the undersides of the leaves.

For more information on shamrock plants, please visit the following link:

Thank you! :)

Here are more questions about Oxalis Plant