Germinating Seeds

Seeds

lebadd added on March 25, 2017 | Answered

Germinating seeds. Started a month ago. Half sprouted within 2 to 5 days. Other half have not sprouted. Kept moist and dark. Should I toss them? Would scaring or cracking them slightly do any good? I am a senior and medical marijuana patient. Disability my only income. Seeds were very expensive. I don't want to throw away if there is hope of germination after this much time.

It depends what kind of seeds you have. Most seeds of common vegetables will germinate in about 1 to 3 weeks, but there are seeds that take longer. Some mint family plants take about 1 month on average to germinate, and some more exotic plant seeds can take months. Also, look up the species to be sure the seed does not require special treatment, such as cold stratification, before germination.

00
Here are more questions about Germinating Seeds