Columbine Plants

Columbine Seeds

Sukhoidave added on July 7, 2016 | Answered

If I gather some seeds from a columbine plant is it better to get them started this year or wait till next spring. The seed pods are nice and dry. I originally gathered the seeds for these plants from the wild on our property in Canada and germinated them the next spring. I'm not going to get back to the property any time soon so I want to keep the legacy alive.

You can direct sow into the garden at any time, plants reseed easily when the flower seed pods open and the seeds spill out.
If you want to start seeds indoors, you can store them until spring. You can sow the seeds after they have had at least 3 to 4 weeks of cold storage. Place the seeds in the refrigerator for this cold period. Place them in an airtight container.
You can start your seeds 4 to 6 weeks before the last frost date.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/columbine/columbine-flower.htm

00
Here are more questions about Columbine Plants