Sedum Plants

Sedum Stonecrop

I live in Tennessee, I have a big covered porch, with plant stands in the far corners. I am looking for something to put in those stands that will last the winter, I found the Sedum Stoncrop baskets today they are so pretty, and wondered if they would last the winter under cover? I guess if they are to be planted and they would come back but these would be in pots like I said. We have, in the past, had mild winters but have one of the hottest, driest summers in history, so hoping the winter will not be a dilly. Thank you for your help. Gigi

Many sedum (aka stonecrop) species are quite winter hardy and shouldn't be bothered by the weather. However there are some species that are more sensitive to cold, so without knowing what particular sedum you have it is hard to tell for sure. Plants in pots do get colder during the winter than plants in the ground, but putting them under cover would definitely help. So I think there is an excellent chance the plants would last, but I can't guarantee it.

00
Here are more questions about Sedum Plants