Lima Beans

Science Fair Project

Anonymous added on December 3, 2010 | Answered

I am currently doing a science fair project. The title is 'Do vitamins have an effect on plant growth?'. My plant is lima beans. I would like to know what vitamin will have the biggest effect on lima beans?

The information I have read on this subject states that vitamin C appears to have an impact. The amount could be a subject for your project. Give each of say 5 different lima bean plants different doses of vitamin C to see which dose provides maximum benefit. Too heavy a dose will lead to death of the plant I am sure. For years I had heard of the benefits of vitamin B-1, however in the last 5 years I have read some articles that say it has no real noticable benefit to the plants. I personally have seen the strong effects that a product called Super Thrive has on plant growth. Not sure what all vitamins are in it as that seems to be a closely held secret.

00
Here are more questions about Lima Beans