Palm Tree Problems

Scale on Potted Palm

After treating potted palm for scale with a mixture of water, rubbing alcohol, and dishsoap, the insects appear to be dead. However, the leaves are dry and slowly browning. Was I too late? Will this have a chance of recovery, or shall I throw it away? Can a four-five foot tree grow back fronds if I cut them off at the stem? It was purchased at Home Depot, so it is a common variety, perhaps Majestic. Two others purchased at the same time are doing well inside for the winter (Chicago). They were outside for the summer months as well, but didn't pick up any pests.

The alcohol can dry out the leaves if used too much, which may be what's caused the drying leaves. A safer alternative for treating scale is neem oil. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Palm Tree Problems